Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ahoi - THP8, THAW PS2

Well,

I just got the leet idea to create a blog because its easy to update it!

At the moment, I'm working on the THPS Games... to run them on the PlayStation 2 Emulator PCSX2.

I tried the games for years...
and finally they ran and got into the Menus.

And I decided to cap some videos to show how this is taking improvements.
The main idea was getting a Next-Gen title like Tony Hawk's Project 8 to the PC... Ok the PS2 version is just a port but who cares.
I installed Tortoise SVN and downloaded the latest Programcode to compile. After a lot of tries and Framework, SDKs and other installs it finished compiling the Emulator.

Anyway here is the first video I capped months ago.

Things I used:

Tony Hawk's Project 8 [NTSC][SLUS214.44]

# Pcsx2 version: r1558 (game runs since r1446 as I have tested <3)
# Cpu eerec on, vurec0 and vurec1 on, MTGS on
# Plugins used: Gsdx 0.1.15 r1553 (hardware dx10, SSE41), spu2-x 1.1.0


It was a cool moment when it started to run the mainmenu etc. Yeah the image qualitiy is fucked up but hey it's running :> .
So I started skating around.... skating around... oh crap! It just froze... hm there wasn't anything to do as waiting for a new GSdx graphicplugin.
And so I took my time looking into the Sourcecode.
Boom, I found their fix in the mainprogram(just comments but ok).
//case 0x10003c02: //Tony Hawks Project 8 uses this
// vif1Write32(mem & ~0x2, value << 16);
// break;

Ok, why I shouldn't try other options like running the Plugin in Softwarerendermode... And so I did. It almost looked perfect except the black corner on the bottom right. But the FPS lowered down to 15fps. That isn't playable.



The next revisions fixed some graphicmistakes in Hardwarerendermode...
and then the team came up to the idea to change the whole menu structure using WidgetX @ Revision >1770.
Duh. Revision 1674 was so smooth... and I'm still using this one.
I updated the sourcecode and the revision number climbed up to 2133... and the games aren't running at all. That's bad. So I just picked the newest Graphicplugin and my lovely 1674rev and it worked. And for example THP8(Tony Hawk's Project 8) got a better image quality. Nicely done!

And then I had to try the other games too. I just hoped that American Wasteland won't crash in Levelselectmenu. It didn't. Cool... I can play that too. Now I should try the levels the PC community is missing, Atlanta and Marseille(ported from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2). ...next problem...
Those levels aren't listed in there. :(
Ah... I just remembered that they only are included in the Collectors Edition of that game.
Well... no problem. Prepared with the programs UltraISO and Hex Workshop 6 I rushed into the DATAP.WAD File and searched the Levelmenu for unlocking the Collectors Edition. In case the level-, model-, ped-, img-, spritesfiles from the CE-Version are included into the normal game for onlinegaming reasons. And so I unlocked the the hidden levels by dummying the "collectors_edition_only" Bytes.
After packing the ISO File I finished the lil' work.
And so I capped some runs for you. I also added some clips from THP8. Enjoy it.




Tony Hawk's Project 8 [NTSC][SLUS214.44]
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland [NTSC][SLUS212.08]

# Pcsx2 version: r1674
# Cpu eerec on, vurec0 and vurec1 on, MTGS on, microVU on
# Plugins used: Gsdx 0.1.15 r2066 (hardware dx10, SSE41)


Ok that was it.

Greetz to Morten1337, Kamer, CHC, Yosh64, reaper, blµb, bi0hacker

No comments:

Post a Comment