Thursday, February 4, 2010

[MAC] Dual Boot + Resolution workaround

Cheers Dual Boot MAC OS X Leopard + Windows 7 is working better than expected :>!
My PC is booting... loading the Mac Chameleon Bootmanager where you can choose between the HDDs and the Windows one has a Windows logo :D. Thats nice!
As I already reported, I had the problem with the low resolution on my hackint0sh but yea i can't use any kext(kernel extension) yet because it might destroy the system. So I needed a workaround which is simply adding "Graphics Mode"="1680x1050x32" parameter while booting up.

So i downloaded the PlistEdit Pro and opened the Boot.plist @ /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

and added:
Graphics Mode
1680x1050x32

Now its booting in my native resolution :).
Euuh not really :( its only 1400x1050. ~4:3 res? That isn't cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment