Saturday, January 9, 2010

iPhone 3G Jailbreak

Woah yesterday a buddy asked me to help fixing his "new" fucked up iPhone 3G with missing WiFi and SimLock :(. So I just told him why not?! And so I gave it a try. That american iPhone was on OS 3.0 and needed to be jailbroken. Fine, I searched around what I would need. I tried two ways where u had to update to OS 3.0.1 or 3.1 but it failed at restoring via iTunes (unknown error -1604 and -1050 or so). FFFFFFUUUUU! ok then... last OS option: 3.1.2..... And so I started updating the iPhone on iTunes + Apple original Restore.
And so it flashed that firmware... Well what should I have used next? blackra1n YES!

FAIL! Without WiFi, YOU CAN'T UNLOCK THE IPHONE VIA BLACKRAIN WITHOUT WiFi AND WITHOUT HAVING CYDIA EVEN WITH CYDER :(! Wow that's hard.
Well... there had to be an other way :>. And I found that one. Yeah Boys and Girls, all you need, is a Custom Firmware. So I've searched for the CFW OS 3.1.2 for 3G activated with preinstalled Cydia. Plop, plugged iPhone to the PC, connected with iTunes and restored that evil thing with the murder custom firmware. And it worked! :D iPhone jailbreaked, sim unlock with blacksn0w via iPhoneBrowser and now there is one more kid happy on this big world. Yikes!
Ok if you read it right, one thing isnt fixed yet, the mysterious WiFi :0! But yea we will get it soon as possible... I will report about that!

Bye. Gn8 :)

I want to buy an iPhone soon imo. :D

Edit:
Download if you need the blacksn0w files ;)
+ a new Problem occured... when the battery is going down, the FW crashes and you can't boot anymore :/ (u only see the applelogo + rotating icon thingy + kinda buggy screen)
it's only possible to restore + blacksn0wfiles + first backup without any files(apps,music n stuff)

jailbreak.me isnt working on it too(wifi requiered ;D oh crap)

No comments:

Post a Comment